Friday, January 10, 2020
1) No one calls you all day-until you decide to take a shower (bath), are up to your elbows in washing dishes or sit down to read a book.
2) You don't need any bandages and/or Band-Aids for over a year (likely more), but as soon as you do get hurt no one's around to help you! There you are with only "spot" Band-Aids on hand. And because it's been years since you've cut yourself-they aren't coming out of their sterile packaging very well. If your like me (yes, just last week), you wrap up the said cut and drive yourself to the appropriate store to buy what you need and worry about "clean up" later.
3) Everything's going quite well UNTIL you need to drive a considerable distance and you take a header. Splat! Now you're sore, bruised and some extremities are swollen but you have absolutely NO choice but to "Suck it up Buttercup" and drive to your least favorite place in the world (for me that's Sky Harbor Airport) in afternoon traffic and pick up your spouse.
4) Dogs will sleep like a rock all night and not move until you've overdone things and really need a night's sleep-then somehow they wake you up and not let you get that restorative rest you desperately need. Or, better yet, they throw up and you're now changing the sheets in the middle of the night while comforting them.
5) For the most part, all is as well as your daily life can be and then you swallow and realize you're about to be deathly ill for the next 2 or more weeks.
I'm sure there's a lot more I could add but I'm still wondering about how fate decides all of the above. If you have any you'd like to complain about-I'd love to hear from you!