banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Friday, August 11, 2017

 

August

August started out with some happy fun-Jackson turned 4!  To say he celebrated would be an understatement.  It was also my first attempt at socializing (at party #1) with the human race.

It was a successful morning of fun for Jackson and his best friend Bradley.  Bradley is two weeks older and since they're in the same class and both kids live a good distance away from the pre-school they attend, the parents decided to do a joint "Super Hero" party.

It was at a local pizza place with games for all ages.  I know this because Adam had a great time winning some bouncy balls for Jackson and Bryce.  He was proud of himself-not easy to win all of those tickets in one of these Chuckie Cheese clones!

The kids had a blast, everyone was happy with their time celebrating and Sam did an excellent job on the themed "Super Hero" cake for the boys.  She also made every child their own superhero cape!  Sam's amazing!

Right after the party, Adam took me home for a nap.  It was really, really nice to be out with people and out of the house, but those 2-1/2 hours wiped me out for the rest of the day.  Came in and let the pups out and followed that with a nap.

Adam, Sam and the kids then went to California to visit family and celebrate Jackson's birthday with both sides there.  By the time they got home and it was actually the real date of his birth, Jackson was thinking that birthdays last a very long time.

In their absence, Steve and I took care of the four cats.  I couldn't walk to the other end of the block, but I was able to manage the drive.  It was tiring, but at least I could say I did it.

A couple of wonderful girlfriends also came by and picked me up so we could enjoy some coffee together.  I lasted barely over an hour and 15 minutes-but we got to see each other and I didn't have to feel as if I were a prisoner of Valley Fever for a while.

This week was a bit more tiring as I've been really trying to do more:  laundry, cooking the meals again, even went to the grocery store to pick out my own veggies and fruit.  That was on the same day that we met Adam for breakfast-so it was a "big" day for me.

I wound up sleeping until 8 a.m. that next morning I was so exhausted for those 2 events.  Normally that wouldn't have been a problem, but we had a 9 o'clock appointment for Pepper at the vet to re-check his mouth after his dental surgery.  We also had to discus the pesky problem of his not wanting to use his litter box even though his mouth no longer hurt!

He's 14 and change.  We're doing what we can to accommodate.  We spent $50 on a special pheromone atomizer for the kitchen.  We also spent almost the same on:  a second litter box, scoop, more litter (okay, we had to get that anyway), lavender oil to spray on the mats he keeps leaving "gifts" on and a mat to put under the new box.  Oh and the spray bottle to spray the lavender oil.

I know, you're thinking we're nuts.  But just like our 2-legged kids, we love him dearly and will do whatever we possibly can to keep him with us for as long as possible.  Remember, he came to us with his "abnormal" front legs when he was just 4 weeks old.  Outside of the first few weeks, he's never given us anything but love and smiles.  He's getting old and that's okay, as long as he's here and not in pain.

So August is a bit improved over all of July and the end of June.  If all goes as I plan-by month's end, I will drive myself the 3 miles to the pool, take my class and drive home. Even if I have to nap afterwards-that's my goal and hopefully, I'll be able to stick to it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?