banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Friday, March 06, 2020

 

Not Corona Virus, But Still Miserable

It all started Sunday at 3 a.m.-ish.  Bryce woke up Adam and Sam saying she wasn't feeling well.  And she wasn't.  A quick swipe of the thermometer across the forehead showed that she had a low grade fever.

I got a text somewhere around 3:30 a.m.-ish.

Could I watch Bryce while Adam got Jackson off to school and then went to teach his workout classes.  Then again while he went to pick up Jackson.

Of course, what are grandmas for?

Did the same on Tuesday.  When Sam came to pick up Bryce and Jackson, it was apparent that our youngest grandson wasn't feeling so well.  By morning, Bryce was feeling better but now Jackson was running the fever, sneezing and coughing.  Sam stayed home.

By Thursday, both kids weren't cough free-but noses and fevers were clear for re-entry to the world of academia.

Things on the health front didn't last long.  Adam phoned on his way home.  He was now running a fever and felt horrible.

At least the pets are enjoying the extra company and the ability to go out "at will".

Of course no good deed goes unrecognized in some way.  Our older grands voiced concerned for me, "Because grandma-you're the one the news talks about.  You're old, you have autoimmune diseases and you could die."

I'm not sure if I should be feeling loved for their obvious concern or upset about being called "old".

And as if that isn't enough, I just got an urgent message from my primary doctor:

Hi Carine,
My recommendation to you about your travel has now changed.  Given the development of more community spread of Covid-19 over the past several days, I would recommend that you cancel your travel plans in April since you are higher risk for complications due to your decreased immune system. I know that is probably not what you want to hear, but I think it is safest.
Let me know if you have questions. 
Thanks,
Melanie Patton, M.D.

Really?  One vacation a year to celebrate our anniversary and now a "plague" is threatening to take it away?



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?