banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Friday, October 30, 2020

 

Me vs TV

By now, anyone who has read any of my little blogs here knows technology and I do not get along.

When we did our huge remodel last year Steve had to have the latest and greatest smart TV. All I wanted was one I could point the remote at, turn on and choose what channel I wish to watch. Well Steve got his wish and we have some 60-in TV in our brand new entertainment unit. But it doesn't just turn on!

First off, he added a sound bar . Evidently it does not exactly mesh with the TV since they are of different manufacturers. While most could probably say this isn't a big deal, that is not the case with me.

part of the problem is that I could be watching something and the sound goes mute!  Steve has shown me numerous times with a different remote how to go through all of the various little things on the soundbar till I can turn the sound back on . You would think that after 40 plus years with the same woman he would know this isn't as easy as he makes it sound!

Take yesterday, I was watching a documentary on Netflix. I got up to go to the bathroom and came back and the stupid TV said I was no longer online.  I pressed the retry and it still told me I was offline.

Next step, I turn the TV off let it rest and turned it on again. Went through the stupid motions of mute, d i n, a r c, etc.

I was still told that I am offline!

I tried in vain two more times. I failed.

By this time I was pretty fed up with our smart TV.  I took the dogs and me to the bedroom. There at least I can point, aim and get the TV to work.

Steve came home about 3 hours later and told me that somehow I had managed to put it on a different HDMI. Obviously, I don't know what that means!  What I can tell you is that all I want in life is not to have to need a degree in engineering and computer science to work a TV!

That TV knows I am incompetent and takes every advantage to prove to me I will never get along with it.

Just so we're clear, I hate TV.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?