banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Friday, April 27, 2018

 

Time is Passing Too Fast

I didn't realize how fast time is going for me lately!  This past Tuesday our "baby" turned 34.  How in the world did that happen????

Quite frankly it seems as if it was just a few weeks ago that we were worried about his colic, his tiny little preemie body and wondering if he'd ever stop crying and we'd get a night's sleep.  Then this Tuesday, is our daughter's 36th birthday!

I don't understand how this could possibly be-did she just turn one last year????

Nope, not even our youngest grandchild turned one last year.  Bryce is 2.  Just ask her, she'll show you her fingers and count it out for you.  (This is probably TMI, but she also counted out the doggie poops in the yard and told it to Grandpa.  LOL)  She's really into counting.

This entire realization reminds me of that song in "Fiddler on the Roof" during the eldest daughter's wedding, "Sunrise, Sunset".  The parents are watching her get married and wondered how this was happening?  "Is this the little girl I carried?  Wasn't yesterday when they were so small?"

That song made me cry when I first heard it on an album of the show my parents bought and I was pretty little.  Recently I saw the movie and I bawled my head off.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I wonder, "What the heck happened to my skin?"  I weigh the same as I did the day I married Steve, I work out and yet, my skin is NOT what it was when I was in my 20's.  Plus, I wouldn't even think of wearing some of the items that were my daily clothing choices back then.  

Mainly the high heels.  I look at a pair of those things now and my feet start killing me more than normal.  How did I ever walk in 4" heels and up and down all the buildings in college anyway???? I also wouldn't wear any midriff tops.  Same goes for bikinis.  Nope, not me.  Keep it all under wraps and let people ask me why I don't.  Preferable to  eye rolls behind my back.

And that my friends is all I've got this week in musings.  Enjoy the end of April!

Happy belated birthday to Adam (we've already had a family party for the kids).

Happy birthday to Sarah-may this year be one of your best.

Comments:
All very true about time's passing. I play that "Sunrise, Sunset" on the piano and reminisce similarly. Too funny about your counting granddaughter.

Your comment on my blog made me want to ask, can you get your prescription drugs cheaper in Mexico? Are you able to cross the border to do that? Or does Mexican pharmacies have a branch on the U.S. side of the border like Canada does in Michigan? My doctor just gave me a prescription for new drugs he wants me to take.
 
i'm almost sure you can dave! A lot of what we need prescriptions for you don't in Mexico. We haven't gone in from either here or CA, but when we were in Cozumel during the cruise, a tube of volteran NSAID gel that I have to pay about $40 at Walmart for w/ the presc. was over the counter there for only $12!
 
I love that movie. So poignant! I know what you mean about these aging kids - lol! My niece just turned 38. I remember taking her to Disneyland when she was 9 just the other day.
 
Going way too fast!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?