banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Thursday, May 24, 2018

 

With Spring Comes Strep

As we waved Bon Voyage to our daughter and older grandkids Wednesday, we wondered how it was our grandsons have become more travelled that we'll probably ever be?

Those boys have been on Caribbean Cruises, Dylan got to see Cuba, they've been to various parts of Mexico, Northern California as well as family visits to Southern California, Hawaii and so much more!  Now they were embarking on an 18 adventure to 10 different places in Europe.  Hopefully at their ages they will remember, enjoy and be thankful for the experience.

On to the cases of strep.

Of course this is over at Adam and Sam's end of the block, but it wasn't fun for any of them.

Last Friday, just as Sam was going to take Jackson for his kindergarten assessment, the pre-school called and let her know he was running a fever.  He didn't say anything about his throat, but did complain about his tummy hurting a lot.  By the next morning, she decided a trip to immediate care was in order.  Outcome:  Strep throat.  Bryce seemed to be fine.

We babysat Sunday night and all was pretty much normal.  Monday, Adam had to pick me up from the place that was fixing the a/c in my car and when I got in, he asked if I minded going to Immediate Care once again because now Bryce was running a temp and her throat wasn't looking so good.

Yep, another case of strep.

I was doing my best to keep my distance from my beloved grand-daughter-the very last thing in this world I need is to get strep!  Especially since a couple of days later I was due for my Prolia shot.  I knew from experience that if I had to have antibiotics that this would have to be postponed for about 3 weeks after meds had been finished.  Plus, it seems that last thing Valley Fever doctors want their patients to do is have to take either steroids or infection meds.  Both make the spores grow.

Sigh.

Besides the bon voyages, the a/c not clickity-clacking at me anymore and the younger grands being sick, poor Lucky is still having a lot of issues with that pinched nerve in her back.  Her morning walks consist of saying hello to her friends, piddling for a couple of feet and then pulling up that affected back leg and walking on only three!

I'm fully aware that my tiniest and oldest pup is a dog, but she's still one of my babies and it's very apparent that she somehow has inherited a lot of my personal weaknesses.

While she's nursing her back/leg and taking her meds, I'm still nursing the feeling that my kneecaps are going to pop off.  Adam suggested that I stop being a "weenie" and either call my orthopedic or at least wear a couple of knee braces during my power walks.

Since I really sick of seeing doctors (and June has me seeing 4) I've opted for wearing the braces.  I made it through the walk yesterday.  Water aerobics is only mildly affected.

And that has been our week around here.  Lots of nothing, with a dash of frustration.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?