banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Friday, July 20, 2018

 

Humidity is NOT my friend

This has been a rather tough week.  We've had not only a couple of minor monsoons combined with the usual heat warnings, but the weather has been horribly, horribly humid.

Humidity is so NOT my friend.  All week I've had trouble breathing (evidently spores and humidity are either great friends that enjoy torturing me or enemies that want me to suffer their indignation), pain level is high and of course there's the questionable hair situation going on.  I look like a brillo pad.

Poor Sunshine and Lucky have also been suffering from all this sticky, hot weather-Even at 6 a.m. it is too darn awful out to consider walking them.  So they have cabin fever.  Lucky has taken to sleeping on the treadmill and Sunshine (despite the heat) keeps throwing her blanket over her in one of the many beds and slumbering away the day.

Last night we never had the rain, but the sky was completely lit up with constant lightening bolts and the air was so wet that getting my cotton clothes off was an act of disgust.  It's like trying to pull down a wet swimsuit.

Everyone is affected by this less than fun time of the year.  The other night Steve and I decided that since it was so hot and we had a coupon for baked/fried chicken pieces from Safeway that we'd just go pick one up and add a couple of salads at home to it for dinner.  The young man behind the deli counter asked if he could put my baked in with Steve's fried and then proceeded to keep loading up the bucket with only the fried version.  He looked up when I said, "Excuse me, but I think you're putting in too much of one and not enough of the other!".  He sighed and said, "I just don't know why but I've been doing that all day!"

We did get a bit of a respite last night.  Steve and I said good night to the older grands, ate dinner and then went to go see Mamma Mia-Here We Go Again!   If you want something fun, good music and just a feel good thing to do I'd recommend it.

And now, back to my sweating...

Comments:
Humidity is a given during summers in Michigan too. Terrible for my allergies. We do have central air this year for the first time and I've wondered how we survived all these years without it.
 
Thankfully, we've always had central air-you're very right, how does one live w/o it?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?