banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Friday, August 10, 2018

 

I Hope I'm Wrong...

I really, really, really hope I'm wrong-but given our darling Pepper's age, things are a-changing.

This column may be a bit too much for anyone who either doesn't consider themselves a mom/dad to their pets, so you have now be forewarned.

Pepper is now 15.  We've literally had him since he was about 4 weeks old.  A couple of years ago, I lamented about how he became a "COG" (Cranky old guy) after my parents last visit and told me so by leaving a deposit right at my feet less than 10 minutes after they left the premises.

We got that all fixed with an additional litter box, lavender oil sprayed in various spots and lots of extra love.  That is until the other night...

As has become the norm, Sunshine woke me up at exactly 12:47 (how do animals know the time like that????).  Then she went to her spot and went back to sleep.  I somehow scooted inbetween her and Lucky.  Barely comfortable, Pepper jumped up and curled up in my armpit next to Lucky.  His usual spot.

Then came 5 a.m..  Sunshine woke up her sister and then me.  Ugh!  Pepper was gone.  Okay.  Didn't really think too much of this, because he does like to play with his latest wad of paper while the girls are sleeping.  But then I realized I was rather "damp" on one area of my night shirt and panties.

I also realized that that spot parallel to my damp shirt was also quite damp.  Then I smelled it.

OMG!  I got Steve up and said, "I've got to get the girls out, but you'll never believe this! Pepper peed in the bed!"

So Steve took off the offending sheet and mattress pad.  You know the one every manufacturer tells you to  spend a fortune on so "nothing will penetrate to the mattress".  Well guess what-it doesn't actually work.  Nope.  Steve got out the hairdryer and started that going while I started the laundry.

The girls were done.  Laundry was going.  Steve and Carine were not going back to sleep.  Sigh.

Next was to check the litterboxes-they were quite full considering that I clean them twice a day.  But we did see Pepper tanking up the water shortly before we went to sleep.

We sprayed Fabreze for pet odors on the mattress.  Then we went to WalMart and bought the new version of rubber sheets.

Unlike the horrible people who dispose of their senior pets just when they need their people the most, we just adjust.  It's just that since Pepper is still so "kittenish" in his playing and demeanor we didn't really consider his age.

I guess we're going to have to start.  I really, really, really hate this part.  For those who don't understand, I'm sorry. For those of you who do-a few prayers for another couple of years would really be appreciated.

Comments:
Oh I’m so sorry! We just went through that with our darling Skipper! He was 18 and I’m heartbroken. He was the toughest loss out of all our previous fur babies! We got the call he was gone when we landed at LAX! So sad! Wishing many more years for your Pepper!
 
somehow-I didn't get a notification that you left this until this morning! Pepper's having some issues-but so far we're all hanging in there. So sorry about Skipper. I still cry about our Goldie Sunshine and it's been 7 years.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?