banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Friday, August 12, 2022

 

It's Always Something

If I've learned one thing in 64 years of living, it's that nothing good starts with phrase:  Mom, where are you? What are you doing?

Thankfully, I had just made the girls go to the bathroom and they were getting comfortable in one of their many blankets.  I was told that our granddaughter decided to practice  cartwheels on the grass during recess.

For those who have never had children, what comes next is I wound up picking up the kids from school and heading to urgent care.

Poor Bryce!  At the best -had sprain. At the worst-broken arm.

I must say, she was a brave little trooper.  Turns out her humerus was broken.

Outside of the tears shed when she 1st fell on her elbow, she was in pretty good spirits. Bryce was already lamenting that she wasn't going to get to go to cheer class because her arm was hurt.

Always empathic, Jackson immediately said he would be her butler while she couldn't do anything.He did think about it for a few minutes and then said he would let mom be the butler in the bathroom because he didn't want to go there!  I did it let out some laughs at that one!

By the next day she figured out how to eat with her opposite hand. And she was happy for any of all help that her classmates were giving her at school.  

While waiting for X-rays and the results, Bryce had me telling her all about my 1st injury and how I did with it.  Aah, the memories.  When she learn ed that the 13" scar on my knee was part of that 1st injury, she was none to thrilled. I assured her nothing like that would happen.  I was sure that the radiologist would be able to read her X-Ray without a problem.

The kind technologist even told her all about the bones in her arm. Bryce is very interested in medical things, so the lesson was not given to read ears.
Monday, she'll see the orthopaedic and probably swap the hard splint for a cast.I

Meanwhile, my problem hand is being sent to the neurologist.  Seems beside the arthritis I have some nerve issues to deal with -always something.


  

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?